Only a physician may order home health services and certify other eligibility criteria are met. More information about eligibility and getting started can be found here in our SHCHD VNP brochure.
For more information send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call VNP services at 707/923-3921, ext. 273 and ask to speak to a VNP nurse.
Visiting Nurse Program
SHCHD offers a set of home care services through its visiting nurse program (VNP). The VNP serves those who are homebound and have home care service needs that are medically reasonable and necessary to the treatment of an illness or injury.
VNP Services Include:
- Patient & family education of disease process
- Management & evaluation of patient care plan
- Medication education & management
- Home safety and emergency education
- Wound care and dressing changes
- Tracheostomy care
- Catheter care
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition
- injections and venipuncture
- IV therapy
- Ostomy care
- Pain management
- Diabetic care
- Nutritional support
Talk to your doctor about your home health needs and ask if VNP services are right for you.